Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Ready-made Powerpoint Presentations

I have been using Pete's Power Point Sation to find powerpoint presentations that I can use with my students. It is found at: http://www.pppst.com/. There are powerpoints for just about all subjects. I can save these powerpoints in my own "instructional presentations" folder and modify (if desired) and use them in my classes. Most of the presentations last just a few minutes. There are some jeopardy games which I downloaded and use as a template by changing the categaories, questions and answers.

This site is a tremendous timesaver that enhances the quality of my educational program. My own introduction to a class one day, can be followed up the next day with a short presentation that reviews what I went over, but in a little diffferent format. Students respond well to this medium, and math concepts are reinorced.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is interesting. VADLO comes to mind, it is a powerpoints search engine. There are good research cartoons also.