Friday, December 19, 2008

Cyber Math

It's the last day before Christmas vacation and I scheduled my groups to go to the library/media center to play math games on the computer. First of all let me say that my school has an outstanding library/media center and the two ladies who run it, Barb and Frieda, have been so helpful this year with information, scheduling and laminating of all the games and teaching aids that I make.

There are several websites that my students enjoyed today. My old favorite is mathplayground.com, but my students also enjoyed coolmath4kids.com and the math games on schooltimegames.com. The games they chose helped them practice skills they already had in an enjoyable setting. I like giving them a chance to explore and find fun math sites--maybe they will visit some of them at home too!

No comments: